Nu Skin is a multi-level marketing company that manufactures and sells beauty products. It has over 200 anti-aging, personal care and nutritional products supplements in its inventory.
You’ll never see any advertising for Nu Skin because they use a different promotional strategy known as network marketing – and you’ve probably come across people selling them on social media. Nu Skin have an ever expanding army of distributors who sell their products – and they’re always looking for more reps.
How much will you earn?
Put simply, how much you earn depends on how much effort you put in.
The easiest way to make money with Nu Skin is to recruit more distributors. These people will not only make themselves money but you will also earn money from the products they sell too. The more distributors you have under you, the less selling you have to do and the more money you will make.
You are also able to set your own prices for products, which means you are in control of your own profit margins (within reason).
What do you need to get started?
Signing up is easy, you can do this online or a Nu Skin rep will most certainly want to help you. There is a $35 start-up fee and an annual membership fee of $20, which does seem reasonable if you’re making enough money from it each month.
You don’t need to buy any products to get started either. You have the option to order as you sell, which means you don’t spend a lot of money upfront.
Is it as easy as they say?
Nu Skin is often portrayed as an easy way to make money by those looking to recruit more distributors. It can be easy if you have the right tools for the job.
In the beginning, it is beneficial to have a big following on your social media, as this is where most of your business will come from. Friends, family and their friends will become your first customers and distributors in your team.
Is it for you?
It’s great for stay at home mums, students, part-time workers or anyone with some spare time to make extra money.
You need to have a lot of love for the Nu Skin products to succeed (or a great poker face). Because, your enthusiasm and passion for the products and business will attract more distributors. And, as we know, more distributors equals more money.
It also helps if you don’t mind being glued to your phone in the evenings. Actually, any time of the day for that matter, as the more popular you become the busier you will get.
So now we’ve gone over the basics, it’s time, to be honest with ourselves – is it worth it?
- Flexibility – You really are your own boss with Nu Skin; you set your own prices, build your own team and you can literally choose when and where you work.
- Support – Nu Skin has a really strong support network via team group chats or help pages on the website.
- Freebies – You not only receive discounted products once you’ve signed up but freebies and rewards when you do well.
- Competition – There are a huge number of Nu Skin reps – growing by the day, meaning that you may not get as many sales or sign ups as you’d like.
- Hard Sell – There’s no debating you have to sell in high volume to make serious money from Nu Skin, even though you can decide your own pricing – if another rep is selling it cheaper, your customers will go there.
It seems like this is a game of popularity. The more people you can recruit who will work hard, the more money YOU will make. If you have a social media with just 12 people who you haven’t spoken to in years and don’t enjoy annoying your friends with social media posts, it’s probably not for you.